I am based, and licensed to practice in, the State of Michigan. Although I can and do represent clients across the world and have litigated cases in federal courts across the country, my location makes me a resource to nearby businesses and as local counsel for attorneys in other states.
To that end, I’ve collected here a variety of resources specific to the laws of Michigan, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, which hears appeals from Michigan-based federal courts and where I began my legal career as a law clerk to the current Chief Judge, the Hon. Alice M. Batchelder.
U.S. District Court, E.D. Mich. External Links
Sixth Circuit: My Resources (Copyright Litigation Updates) | External Links
State of Michigan
- State and Federal Case Law on Michigan’s Right of Publicity. Click here to read summaries of every relevant state and federal decision of which I’m aware, and click hereto download the document in PDF.
- Copies of Right of Publicity legislation introduced in the Michigan legislature in 2007 (House / Senate), 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Michigan Compiled Laws & Legislature
- Michigan Court of Appeals Opinions
- Michigan Liquor Control Commission Searchable Database
- State Bar of Michigan
- Circuit Court – Wayne County
- Circuit Court- Oakland County
- Circuit Court – Macomb County – Macomb Business Court
U.S. District Court, E.D. Mich.
- Court home page
- CM/ECF Login
- Attorney Admission Procedure
- District Judges
- Magistrate Judges
- Local Rules
- Local FBA Chapter
U.S. Court of Appeals – Sixth Circuit
- 6th Circuit Copyright Litigation Updates.These pages summarize rulings in copyright cases from the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, the various federal district courts within Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee, and even state courts that address these issues. These concise updates will provide a quick-glance guide to the state of copyright law within this important jurisdiction.